Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- ½ large yellow onion, about 2 cups, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Bunch of kale, 4 cups
- ⅓ cup canned diced tomatoes
For the wild rice:
Choose which ever method you prefer, stove top, baking, Instapot, etc.
You can find these cooking methods on our blog page:)
For the soup:
- Dice the onions, mince the garlic and set aside. Remove the stems from the kale and roughly chop.
- Add the butter to a large sauté pan on medium heat. Once melted, add the onions and stir occasionally until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for one more minute stirring constantly.
- Add the kale and stir constantly until the kale has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and paprika, stir until the tomato paste has darkened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cream and wild rice and cook until the soup has thickened, 10-15 minutes.