Makes ~2 large salads
- ½ cup dry wild rice
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ large sweet potato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups mixed green lettuce
- ½ large carrot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the wild rice:
Choose which ever method you prefer, stove top, baking, Instapot, etc.
You can find these cooking methods on our blog page:)
For the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss diced sweet potato in 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Toss broccoli florets in 1 tsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt. Remove the baking tray with sweet potatoes and add broccoli. Bake for another 15 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Allow sweet potatoes and broccoli to cool
- Add 2 cups of mixed green lettuce to a large bowl with sweet potatoes, broccoli, wild rice, sliced carrots, pistachios, feta cheese and drizzle balsamic vinaigrette.
- Toss to combine.