- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, including the greens, chopped
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced tarragon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp walnut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain the chickpeas, pat dry and toss with 1 tsp olive oil and salt to taste. Bake for 20-30 minutes tossing halfway.
- In a sauté pan, add the butter on high heat.
- Add the walnuts, stirring for 1 minute so they don’t burn.
- Add the scallions and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add to the rice with the lemon zest and roasted chickpeas and toss to combine. Add walnut oil and toss again.